bradleyland
TIM YOYO
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsacamano View Post
If you can't possibly imagine a scenario where a safe, aware driver who is driving the speed limit could still get into an accident, you either haven't been driving very long or you don't have much of an imagination. That tire could have been stationary only after it came to a rest after the accident. If an 18 wheeler pulls next to you and one of the tires flies of directly at your car, there isn't much you can do.

I literally had a tire bounce directly over me once.
If the object was on the move, your insurance company may look at the claim differently. Depends on the insurer. You still need to find and document the other vehicle though, because in the absence of someone else to sue, you're taking the hit in the reclassification (and therefore, your insurance premium).

The cost of insurance is, ultimately, a math equation. The cost of insuring a class (group) of drivers is spread out over the group, and marked up for a (regulated) profit. If you end up reclassified as the result of a claim, you're going to pay higher costs, regardless of who was at fault. Sucks, but that's insurance.
Past: 2010 135i - TiAg Coral Red 6MT ///M-Sport
Appreciate 0