Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3takesNYC View Post
I didn't know the DME logged how many times you hit redline? Now I understand logging maximum redline RPM for a warranty issue but why is it their business of how many times a car was run to redline as long as it is not overrevved? Sure one may be driving it hard but that can't be used to deny a claim can it? If so I find that really crazy as they sell this car as one to be driven hard.
The car logs quite a bit of information, some examples:
-Records accessory loads the last 30 ignition cycles IIRC. So if you left your charger plugged in and it was drawing power, this would be logged.
-How long you left the ignition on before starting, and how many times.
-If you held the brake and the gas at the same time
-How many short trips vs medium trips vs long trips you take

This probably just scratches the surface. I don't think they would use it to deny a claim but it's an indicator to some extent on how the car was driven. I've seen everything from someone with 25,000 miles that never exceeded 7,000 RPM even ONCE, to what was posted in the OP, and everything in between. These are pretty sophisticated cars, and for good reasons I would say.

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----
Appreciate 0