11-16-2012, 02:49 PM   #16
jphughan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 Cayman GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeE92M3 View Post
I too am having a similar problem, and reading this gives me some more insight. My warranty is up in 2 weeks (2008 M3) and I have only 17k miles on my car. I don't have as much of a squeal, but more so like a slighty humming or vibration/rumble when I come to a stop. Its only if I am at the point where I am at 20-15 mph as I come to a stop. I can't remember when it started doing this. Granted, the car stops perfectly fine, its just something that, not only is it heard, but it is felt, as well.

I have an appointment set for Tuesday and I am gonna telll them to check the entire car with a fine toothed comb and fix anything that needs to be fixed.
That's precisely what made me switch brakes pads after the track weekend I mentioned above. If the vibration is coming up through the steering wheel and the force goes UP with speed but DOWN with increased pedal force (i.e. you feel it most when braking lightly around 70 MPH), it's either warped/badly mounted/worn rotors or uneven pad deposits, both solved by new rotors.

Gone but not forgotten:
'11.75 M3 E92 Le Mans | Black Nov w/ Alum | 6MT (owned 5/2011 - 11/2015)
Appreciate 0