mPlasticDesign
Major General
Rep
Drives: BMW 230i Msport w/LSD
Location: Astral Projecting: ∞ 23.516 -122 02.625 0242.101 ĕv'rē-hwâr'

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce.augenstein@comcast. View Post
I have my stated opinion, which you consider asinine. You have your stated opinion, which I consider asinine. Draw.

But now I'm baiting the faithful because I prefer another BMW to the M3? Just another example of the thin-skinned folks populating this forum who judge themselves by the car they drive.

By the way, Road & Track recently said the 135is they recently tested is their favorite bimmer at the moment, and I could almost agree with them because the siren song of power calls us all, but you can feel the extra weight over the front end in that car compared to the 128.
I just disagreed with your postulation that the 128i somehow has better turn in or handling than the M3. I read the R&T review you are talking about. They are comparing it to the F30 chassis, which I am not a fan of. I seriously doubt I will be getting an M3/4 either. When compared to the E90 chassis they still say the E9x was the best by a mile. So context is everything. They also said "(the 135is) could use more suspension travel, it understeers way more than we'd like, and it desperately needs a limited-slip differential to tame the one-tire fire you get in tight corners." Which coincidently is what I was saying. So you can call me "thin skinned" as a result of disagreeing with you but you are pretty much alone with your assessment of the understeer, steering, turn-in, handling...etc. all somewhat measurable attributes when comparing the 128 to the M3. You're entitled to your "preference", but those other metrics can be argued.