08-26-2012, 10:42 PM   #194
kaiv
IG: limited.slip
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 in a 325i Touring body!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless619 View Post
Um baller status is not always the best wheel. Fact. I hate BBS and would never run them unless I had a true race car. They just have never looked right to me on any of my street cars. HRE and Volk or go home. Just my opinion. I dont even look twice at BBS wheels on these cars. Too stock looking for my tastes.
Honestly Chris, HRE sells the same baller wannabe lifestyle facade than ADV and the other shoddy wheel manufacturers. The Swiss flag on the logo to invoke quality when the company has nothing to do with Switzerland for one is super lame; just like Vorsteiner's authenticity/labels in German when the company has nothing to do with Germany.

I will agree that HRE is of MUCH higher quality than ADV and co. They do have engineering in addition to marketing... But talk to people who actually own them. Not the promo or the sponsored dudes. The real owners, who paid, who drive their cars etc. You may find their stories paint a different picture.. whether it's finish or structural.

Allegedly they have made a good deal of improvement lately but I'm not gonna take a gamble with my hard earned money.

To me it's BBS or Rays. Everything else is second with high price tags for lower quality (not to mention the baller /jet set lifestyle image they represent. Sorry but I'm not putting that shit on my car )
Appreciate 0