12-11-2012, 10:20 AM   #24
j2m
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 M3 DCT

Garage List
2011 BMW E92 M3  [10.00]
After the blower, I ran stock tires for a week or so before my new wheels/tires came in. Traction was pretty shitty with the stock tires. I went with the AD08 (305+275) they are a significant improvement, they hook really good.

I also ran stock brakes for a few weeks. I think most could run stock brakes with a blower without much of an issue but it depends on your use. I live smack in the middle of the Canadian Rockies so I felt I needed brakes for the type of driving that I am doing. It's all mountains, small hills, big hills, twists, turns. I would highly recommend front BBK if you are aggressive.

IMHO FULL EXHAUST should be a mandatory MOD with the SC. I ran my car with M Performance+Stock X-Pipe for a couple weeks. NOW to be fair and completely truthful... I DID NOT feel any additional power when I went full catless X + exhaust BUT how could you? I went from 414HP to 625HP. Not sure my ass is trained to feel the difference ANYWAY, for me, the exhaust wasn't about the power but about the feel, the sound, the ambiance of the car. It's no different than when you walk into a nice restaurant. You don't notice things like lighting, music, smell, decor... You just feel it, and it feels right. The right exhaust makes the whole experience so enjoyable and satisfying.

Good Luck, keep us posted

11' E92 M3 Space Grey | DCT | ESS VT2- 625 | Gintani Race (valved) + Quad Res Catless X-Pipe | KW Sleeve's | GC Camber Plates|Arkym Diffuser | Vorsteiner VRS Lip | P3 Boost Guage | Stud Conversion
PHOTO's: Click Here ESS VT2 625 PHOTOS: Click Here
Appreciate 0