View Single Post
      04-26-2012, 06:39 PM   #22
lutfy
Captain
Rep
Drives: G87 M2, NASA ST5 86, Defender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschefile View Post
I actually found the PFC's to last fairly well, I'd say I wore 10-15% in 6 sessions. I didn't get many timed laps, the fastest my friend timed me at was 1:54 or so, my best guess is somewhere in the low 1:50's at barber. Not blazing quick or anything. I'll be much more excited about VIR times, the E92 does great there. My plan is to score some r comps before the June VIR event and leave the rest of the car alone. My racecar was set up for GTS2 or 3 depending on ballast/restrictors, kind of in between IP and JP.
With the R comps your straight line speeds would be quite intense. At Road ATL, I was around 150MPH+ before 10A (vs 127 or so in my I Stock E36). It was also 4 full seconds a lap faster with a passenger (according to data 1:39 vs 1:43 in my I Stock according to mylaps.com). Similarly I was stunned to read 1:24.4 at Summit Point in the E90 with R comps, camber pins removed and PF01s. My I Stock only ran a best of high 1:28s 29s with new tires.

So the car is plenty fast and worth it as a dual duty car.

At 10, the rotors were GLOWING red according to some of the spectators. I think the braking system (while big) does not feed enough air hence the issues. There is 0 ducting from the factory to the rotors.

Tire wear is marginal compared to the size/speed and laptimes for this car however I am not impressed with the brakes. I ended up buying 5 sets for the fronts and 2 for the rears when Apex had a sale for half off on PF01s.

On the streets, the car is AWESOME. On the track, while its very fast, I am not terribly impressed. with the brakes. Once you start braking 9/10ths, it gives up the ghost. You gotta be around 8/10s to make it last.

But then my E90 is equipped with every single option from the factory (heavy sound system, sunroof etc.) and weighed 3820 with a tank of gas, floor mats, etc (without human).

Performance wise, I would say its neck to neck with a Carrera S. However, C2S is much easy on the consumables, but then its not big enough for the family either Compromises.

Lutfy
Appreciate 0