Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: v10 m6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dapopa9
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmk08 View Post

I can see everything you guys said except reliability.
The C6 Z06's engine (LS7) has a bad valve/head design in it. Cars with 5,000 miles driven like grampas sunday cruiser are blowing their engines like crazy. Modded or no mods doesn't matter - engine issue still exsists. If you check out the threads over on the corvette forums 50% of their threads are either about Blown Engines, Engine Rebuilds, or Valve/head repair maintenance. Also the Z06's have oil starvation issues with the factory setup that will cause the engine to blow as well on high G turns.

The E9X you can take it out and run 30+ track days and not worry about it. That is the reliability I was talking about.
The ls7 from 06-09 have an oil starvation issue when cornering on left handers over 4 seconds when you have r comps. In so cal the only track to offer that is Laguna seca. Besides, that issue is easily remedied with a larger reservoir oil tank with more baffling. About $400 all in. Also remember these issues are much more exacerbated bc their are more people who compete(not hpde's) in their z06's than M drivers...ironically, their seems to be more supercharged m3 drivers interested in air strip races over z06 owners...

As for the head issues, have you seen the statistics? Assuming here, if the motor was nearly as bad as the interweeb likes to describe, would they continue its use in the z28 without updates? Also keep in mind the 3yr 36k mi warranty only costs 1800 from GM. I know I was repeatedly turned down from third party warranties with my m6...even when I was willing to pay the 7k premium they demanded. Remember, warranty companies are all about statistics, and there premium is loosely calculated by the length of term and estimated repair costs, food for thougt

F80 m3, 997 gt3, 14 ram ctd, f15 x5, drz400sm

Gone:z4m, boss 302, c6 z06, m6,z3m
Appreciate 0