05-29-2009, 11:16 PM   #7
Hellride
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyBobby View Post
How in the world did you bend both front wheels? Did you hit a lot of berms or something? I've got those wheels on order and am seriously reconsidering..
The track is a bit in disrepair and their are several pot holes along the track - at the apexes. Pretty easy to tag them. I know I got them a few times, but not hard IMO. But, bam - when I rebalanced the tires both were bent. In fact, for my event this weekend I flipped all four tires, rebalanced and they said my rear wheel is also bent. What? Had no idea and no idea how. I'm pretty invested in the wheels now, so I'll work with them for this year, but yes if stronger wheels were available I would have gone with them.

Before your final decision, though, consider your driver style and frequency. There are several on the forum that are beginning to bring them to the track and seem to be doing OK. They are very inexpensive (relatively) and on a decently maintained track I suspect they will hold up well. More aggressive? Try for a stronger wheel.