View Single Post
      04-25-2010, 07:43 PM   #8
Gearhead999s
Major General
Rep
Drives: RR Velar R=Dynamic M2C R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxL View Post
I was wondering how long tires like RA1 or NT05 last on the track compared to PS2 and likes? The NT05s have worse tread wear rating, but on the other hand they are designed for tracking, so I'm wondering what the bottom line is.

I am way too lazy to change wheels before every event, but looks like it's the way to go. I guess I need to get more efficient with it (take me over an hour now).
I am not really sure on that as I have R compounds like the 888's give up the ghost in less than 3 hours of track use from new.I got a set of RA1's that were takeoffs with about 2/32 left and they are holding up quite well with another 5 hours of use on them.A friend used the NT05's on his Cavaler SS and they lasted a full season for him but he did a lot of flipping on the rims to even out the wear.He is quite fast and got into the 38's at the Mosport GP track.
I used my PS2's on track only in the wet and after 4 sessions(2 hours)they were quite scalaped & rounded out and are a lot noisier on the road than they were before.The PS2's are an awesome rain tire by the way!Because of that issue of wearing out my good street tire setup,I will always have a dedicated track setup that I can at least drive the track.The RA1's & NT05's do fit that need quite well.
Appreciate 0