View Single Post
      11-18-2007, 11:05 PM   #20
ruff
Conspicuous consumption
Rep
Drives: 987 S .2, Lemond Zurich

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEllis View Post
I have long held the belief that the maintstream Journalists that complain about a lack of feel are unfairly comparing the new M to the GT3 or something. Thats why I put a little more stock in the BMW only magazines where the review is focused on how the car stacks up against other BMW's instead of trying to quantify things in terms of the entire sports car universe.

Jason
They are also comparing the steering feel to the Cayman's, Boxter's, C63, RS4 and Miatas and every other car they drive. I bet you don't have a problem comparing the M3's engine to these cars. How many times have we all made the ultimate comparison of Ring times to these cars. IMO, I think it is a bit of a cop out because BMW themselvs have stated in print that they compare the E92 M3 to Carreras and RS4s. It is like saying one is willing to compare a particular characteristic of the car if the M does well in that area but it shouldn't be compared in another performance characteristic if doesn't fair so well.

You think you are getting objectivity out of a BMW only magazines? The M3 needs to be put to the test against all the competition. Price will play a part in what one percieves one gets for their money. No need to be afraid to compare it to anything, even the F430 or GT3. I loved the video where they compared the M3 to the GT3. It should be taken as nothing less than the highest of compliments. No complaints from BMW enthusiasts when the F430 and M3 engines are compared to one another, now are there?
Appreciate 0