01-11-2011, 11:52 PM   #6
eisenb11
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3 SSII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malekreza11 View Post
Stay away from Karcher, they are pure garbage as far as reliability goes.

Get a Snap-On Electric pressure washer. My buddies and I are all hobby detailers and all switched from Karchers to these, and couldn't be happier. Of course we switched because our Karchers all broke. We modified the guns to use quick disconnect pressure fittings to make things a cinch.

The pressure washer will really aid in washing your car more safely (meaning creating less swirl marks) since you remove more dirt and debris than a regular hose before you actually begin to wash the car by hand.

Makes cleaning wheels and wells much more tolerable too.
Tomorrow, I'll be picking up a CR Spotless unit. Next comes the pressure washer and foam gun!

After a lot of research, I decided that I'd rather spend more on a good pressure washer that I could keep for a lot of years than go for questionable ones that would need to be replaced yearly. The big complaint across brands was that the pumps would die or, more likely, the plastic internals would break. It seems the solution was to get away from the consumer models and go for pro/prosumer models.

Original plan was to consider a Cam Spray 1500A, which does 2 gpm @ 1450 psi, but the price is pretty high and it has a 20A electrical requirement... ouch!

In the end, it looks like I'm going to go with the Annovi Reverberi (AR) AR610 pump. Looks like it is constructed well, is reasonably priced, and has replaceable parts (unlike the consumer units). 2.1 gpm @ 1800 psi using 15A is some pretty good numbers!
Appreciate 0