View Single Post
      09-11-2014, 09:03 AM   #5
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

Bruno Spengler: “I celebrated an historic victory here last year – it was BMW’s 50th win in the DTM, and the first in its comeback season after 20 years away. That means returning to the Lausitzring is something very special for me. The track itself has relatively little grip. At the beginning of the weekend in particular, the tarmac is still very dirty and there’s not much rubber on the track. That makes the Lausitzring pretty slippery.”

Marco Wittmann: “I am really looking forward to the race, as this season has gone very well for me so far. The Lausitzring is a really nice track and I have already driven there in Formula 3 and Formula BMW. The first part of the track has a lot of left and right-handers and you need to set the car up well for the corners. After that you have hard braking points and a very fast right-hand corner. This all makes the layout rather unique, so you need to have a good set-up for everything to find the right compromise. Again it will be a tough challenge in free practice to find a good set-up.”
Appreciate 0