View Single Post
      03-13-2013, 08:28 AM   #27
NikB316
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5 Competition, F83 M4

Rick did warn me of the possibility of some diff noise. The other customer experienced some noise when decelerating I think at 60+ not nothing really bad. Keep in mind he has a very loud exhaust system. After listening again there may be a faint noise but I really can't tell between my exhaust and supercharger. Rick didn't find anything when testing out the diff on my car but if I'm around his area I told him to take my car for a spin to check up on.

There is definitely no added vibration or anything else, at least on my car.

The other option you mentioned is really interesting and would love to see the outcome. The more products available for the community the better!

Hopefully Rick will get a chance to chime in and answer everyone's questions. I just made him aware of this thread. This is my written review so I will answer anything as best as possible. Keep in mind my technical knowledge is pretty slim but having driven 50k+ miles on a relatively stock DCT NA M3 and my DCT FI M3 I am pretty familiar with these cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic311 View Post
http://www.defivfabrication.com/

There website is very light on info, but it is the same chassis so the link for the non-m is essentially what it looks like for the M3 just different specs.

I am not sure I buy into the no NVH part as they are replacing the 3 oem rubber diff mounts for solid ones and using a 4th brace all of which will transmit diff noise.

For full result it's probably best to go with just the solid diff mounts and solid subframe bushings..but that is the more costly route

2014 M5 Competition Alpine/Sakhir
BMS Tune. Undercover Performance Custom Downpipes & Connector. H&R 10mm Spacers. BMW CF Rear Spoiler. IND Cosmetics. ALP & BEL Radar & Laser.
2011 Space Grey E92 M3 AA Gen 2 Lvl 3 586whp 398wtq SAE (sold)
Appreciate 0