View Single Post
      01-27-2010, 10:31 AM   #3
mike33176
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 Jerez/ Black, E90 M3

I just did a post on this in the track/autocross section and I didn't see this post. I didn't see your car there, I had the only M3 there at the time. I was in the 1st group @ 8am. Did you go? What did you think? The LFA is Amazing, I won a ride. Here's my review.

I just came back from this event. This was the program; They gave us a 10 min classroom about the F Performance line of products and then let us loose on the Auto-cross course. The purpose was to drive their stock IS 350 and GS 350 and then try the performance upgrades on the same car along with a IS350 C with the performance package. And then you got to drive the IS-F. This was a lot of fun, of course the mods made a HUGE difference. I'll tell you, the exhaust on the IS-350 with the Lexus exhaust sounded great. The IS-F was impressive off of the line , the brakes were good, but it pushed like a pig. And, in my opinion, it's not a good looking car. This whole experience made me realize 100% that I made the right decision on the M3. It's just a MUCH better driving experience.
On the other hand, I did win one of the rides in the LFA with Scott Pruett. I can say this, HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That car is AMAZING, the engine note sounds incredible when it revs up to 9K. We did 1 Hot lap on the oval and one on the road course. We hit 172 MPH before he hit the brakes going into turn one. The Carbon Ceramic Brakes would have thrown me thru the windshiled if it wasn't for the seat belts. Fantastic car but, worth $375k, I don't know about that.
On a footnote, I did ask him why he was still doing Lexus events since Ganassi is now running BMW power, his answer was, if you could had the opportunity to do this , wouldn't you? A VERY fun way to spend a Wed morning.
Appreciate 0