United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 Cpe Silverstone FR 6MT

Garage List
2009 M3  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by louie_perm View Post
Dave,
No one here has added anything other than a guess--we have yet to get a definitive diagnosis. One doesn't need to have experienced the problem to have an educated guess as to its origin. My guess may be wrong, but I think it represents a possible explanation that had not been previously enunciated as such.

By the way, what did you add to this thread? You haven't experienced the problem, and you made no attempt to give any insight. You simply felt the need to take a shot at me--why, I have no idea. Then, you followed up with an attempt to question the way I break in my car. Read your break in instructions, and maybe you'll figure out why I didn't redline at 1,201.
I reported that mine doesn't do it. That's a positive contribution to the thread and that's feedback based on actual experience. You take up our time theorizing and don't even know your head from a hole in the ground. AT LEAST go out and redline shift yours and tell us whether yours does it or not. Those that have it need know that not all 6MTs have the issue.

What's "educated" about your "guess". Are you a mechanic of some sort?

Dave