View Single Post
      09-05-2013, 11:17 AM   #8
Z K
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, G20 M340i

Quote:
Side note.........Why is it that guys in Infinity G's and Lexus IS's think their cars are performance cars?? Even their, type s or r spec cars aren't performance cars. Out of all the cars on the road these two types of cars are the one's I seem to always run into trouble with. I've had a bunch of guys in IS250's, some IS350's, try to race me or egg me on to try to race, usually roll the window down if I can and tell them it's not even worth my time unless they got a Supercharger and a 200 shot of NOS. I'm all for people enjoying their cars, modifying them and racing them. And it really doesn't matter what you have and can afford as long as you have fun, but why try to race people when you DON'T have a performance car? That would be like me pulling up in my M and asking a guy with an 2001 Mustang V6 if he wants to race, it's not gonna, nor should it, ever happen. Don't even get me started on the IS-F owners, those guys are straight salty. But I guess I would be too if I over-paid for a Toyota with a Yamaha engine and fake quad exhaust.
I don't know what kind of people you get on the east coast but Lexus IS drivers here are mostly old Asian ladies who drive like grandmothers... or maybe they are grandmothers. Also, there really is nothing wrong with Infiniti G and Lexus IS cars. They make good sports sedans. I'd get an IS over a 328i any day as a daily driver. More reliable, holds value better and I think it looks a lot better (not the 2014+ ones).

As for people trying to race you, maybe it's because your car stands out? Not many M3s around?