07-09-2012, 02:23 AM   #31
demonshin
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03BeastCharmer View Post
Looks pretty crowded, but if this was follow the instrector I understand. Looks like you had a lot of fun!!!!
This was our last heat out of 5. The first 2 was follow the instructor and the last 3 had instructors on the track with us. Since this was "driving school" there were a lot of rules, one of them are, not to pass unless the driver infront of us signal us and we can only pass on certain parts of the track (the most straight sections) Thats why there were some congestion

It was loads of fun though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjae1976 View Post
Nice save! You didn't lift like a rookie would.
hahaha there is a nice story to what happened...

Coming off a fast straight at like 130mph (pretty scary lol) I braked, down shift to 3rd, let off brakes, went to put my foot on gas but it slipped off as it was not 100% over the gas pedal, hit the brakes and at this point I was in mid turn which then caused me to lose traction and you know the rest...

When I started slipping I automatically went back on the gas to try and gain traction, shifting momentum back on the rear wheels...and got lucky! It happened so fast lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiM3y View Post
Looks like a good time. What DSC cajones did you run with? Full, MDM, Off?

If you get an instructor, you will get so much more speed and control you won't believe. Look into a BMWCCA event and they will hook you up and you will appreciate your M3 so much more after a few sessions. If you don't, you'll eventually end up "stuck" somehow, either in lap time or in a wall!

An angel gets it wings every time a track cherry gets popped!
I was running M mode.

Steering: Sport
Power: Sport Plus
DSC: Off
EDC: none (have coilovers)

My next event I am allowed to have a passenger and my friend is an instructor for this club so he is going to give me pointers cannot wait!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3ManiacSenior View Post
It's great that you enjoyed your first track day. I know exactly how you feel. Can't wait to get my car back from ED and start tracking it myself. My first track day in my new M3 was at the Ring, talk about exciting!

So I've watched you video a few times, great video by the way, to see what might have happened at 17:17. Do you know what happened. To me, and I'm a complete novice here, but it looks like you may have lifted during your turn-in which transferred the weight to the front end making the back end loose. You handled it pretty damn good as far as I can see.

Good luck and keep it up. Maybe I'll see you sometime on the track. Keep posting your videos too.
Thanks! it was a lot of fun and cannot wait to go again 8/11/12

So this is what happened...

Coming off a fast straight at like 130mph (pretty scary lol) I braked, down shift to 3rd, let off brakes, went to put my foot on gas but it slipped off as it was not 100% over the gas pedal, hit the brakes and at this point I was in mid turn which then caused me to lose traction and you know the rest...

When I started slipping I automatically went back on the gas to try and gain traction, shifting momentum back on the rear wheels...and got lucky! It happened so fast lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car54 View Post
Looks like the oversteer was TTO (trailing throttle oversteer) from coming off the brakes and not getting on the power to plant the rear.

Never been to that track and can't hear the engine, but that's my iButt felt.
hehehe you sorta got it...it was just driver error...my foot got nervous :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alen E90 View Post
your car looks really nice, and so do the pics!
Thanks! I hope to do more tracks and get more pictures to share!