View Single Post
      10-17-2017, 08:09 AM   #20
DreamTime
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYT_Shadow View Post
I agree, although I recognize wheels are highly subjective.

The ZCP wheel looks really good in black, perhaps because that's what the GTS used.

OP, those wheels you linked in the first post are the Forgestars. A friend has them in his 09 6MT E60 M5 (black/black/black color) and they look nice, although I'm not a fan of black wheels on black cars either
Oops, sorry. Just saw this. What the hell happened to Monday? Lol

Yeah, I had originally looked at Forgestars when I got my first set of wheels, but ended up going with my Arc 8s. I really like the super deep concave look though, and I especially like that dark bronze.

I feel the same about black on black. Even though I prefer darker wheels on my car over a silver finish, I need there to be some contrast.

Last night I made a friend that works at Michelin who has a great connect at HRE. I am supposed to get him over some ideas so he can see what he can do. I have always wanted HRE wheels, so, I guess I’ll see what happens with that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by timothy2001 View Post
I had my ZCP wheels powder coated dark bronze and they came out looking great. They are a tad bit too dark for me but going lighter might have made too much of a contrast. Very pleased with the result overall, can't comment on resale value though.

I can take better and closer pics if you want.
Umm, that is the exact color I want. Those look incredible!! This is just what I needed to see. Super useful pics, thank you! I have started seriously considering powder coating my 220s, if I do I will want the same shade of bronze as that. I worry that if I go much brighter it will just be too much for my taste, but I don’t want them to look just black either. Finding that perfect balance is key.
Appreciate 0