06-23-2008, 03:08 AM   #1
Takumi587
///M3 Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 05' M3 and 21' Tesla Model 3

Garage List
Takumi587 Detailed: Black Sapphire Metallic E92 335i

Ok so i figured I would provide a succinct summary of what I did with this vehicle. The client came from San Diego and wanted an exterior detail long ago and I promised him I would detail his car. If you M3 guys have any questions about my process feel free to PM me or ask here!

Note: All water was filtered using CR Spotless

1st: I had to wait about 40 mins to almost an hour for the engine to cool down and the brakes. I opened the hood to let it cool and keep it away from the heat coming form the engine.

2nd: Started with the wheels (client did not want the wheels completely cleaned but i cleaned it up as much as i could). I used P21S Wheel gel and a few quitips to get into the tight spots. And then wiped them with a Mf towel.

3rd: Then came to the body for the vehicle. I sprayed it down with water first and then foamed the vehicle with FMINUS Organic Autowash. I also had my 2 buckets one with water and the other with Poorboys autowash. Then I used a MF mitt to caress the whole vehicle with.

4th: Dried the car with a waffle weave Mf towel. Also wiped down the crevices, door areas, gasoline tank, trunk and hood.

5th: When car was all dried up I took the Adam's Detailer spray and a Pinnacle clay bar and clayed the whole vehicle. I wiped off the spray with a MF towel. And yes I got down onto the floor and got the bottom b/c i got a lil anal about the dirt i felt underneath.

6th: After the whole car was clay barred I went onto the Polishing. I used Menzerna 106ff Pad: orange, Pad: yellow PO 83(SIP), and Pad: white Poorboys light polish. Wiped off with a polish MF towel remover.

7th: Ok here was the problem I ran into. Since i was working in the garage I was not able to watch on my tents outside. unfortunately one of my tents flipped upside down and one of its legs was bent in half. And it was extremely windy out so I did not wash the car down real quick with water. So instead I continued with applying UV protection onto the car with Smartwax.

8th: I then followed up with the swissvax wax saphir.

9th: Grills I cleaned up with a poorboys polish, and also the exhaust tips.

10th: Gave the keys to the happy satisfied owner.

I will add more later on... but right now i got a phone call to catch!

Here are a few pics:

EXTRA: bought from Long Tran

Appreciate 0