01-23-2012, 11:45 PM   #3
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M760/G83M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzbm3 View Post
What's with all the Hankooks being 'sold for a friend' all of the sudden?

Did these fall off a truck?
As some may have noticed, I tend to sell stuff for people all the time. Mainly since, unlike me who's always on the forums... most people don't spend all day on the forums. So people come to me to have me sell the stuff they have laying around.

I myself have 16 tires in my storage just for my M3 (more tires once you count the ones I have for the Z4 and our other cars), with 8 of them being 18in RS3s (275/35 square set up, and a 265/285 staggered set up), the other 8 being 19s for my OEM 220.

Those of us who track often go through tires very very quickly. A set of RS3s lasts me about 3-4 track days before I swap them out for a new set.
I did 16 track days last year, and I started tracking in April (or was it May?). I had 5 track days lined up for next month, but unfortunately 2 of them were cancelled... :/
So you can see that I go through tires rather quickly. While many get 15k miles out of a set....I may need to swap every 2-3k miles. One of my M3 track buddies can go through a set of tires after only 3-4 sessions! Now that's really going through tires

the 255/35s were for the Evo, but he wanted to run bigger, so he bough 275s since that's what his Evo buddy ran. But they didn't work on his car (it rubbed on his suspension), so he had 6 sets sitting around (3 of which I just picked up last weekend actually, one for me, the others for friends, both whom are members on here and can chime in if they desire).
Here are the 12 275s I picked up over the weekend (Facebook link, so sorry if you cannot view it)

265/35/18 RS3s are unfortunately on back order (or you have to pay top dollar for it, which defeats the purpose of running RS3s.... might as well run NT01s if you're going to spend more $), so he will be using the 255s for the time being. he has 4 sets left, but no telling how long they'll last.

Hope I answered your question
Appreciate 0