08-23-2011, 12:35 AM   #27
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAJ View Post
If you can, unhook both sensor arms from their linkage at both the front and the rear axle.

Switch the car's electronics on (or just start the engine) and turn on the headlights. You should be able to move the headlight aim point up and down by moving the sensor arms up and down at the front and rear. If there's no motion, then something's broken. If the headlights move then the sensors are working correctly and you just have to readjust the lights once it's all reconnected.
Thanks. That's what I figured. I think I'm going to adjust them up first. After thinking about it, I've had to adjust the lights on ALL my BMW's after I first get them. If the lights don't move up and down over bumps, then something is probably broken.
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0