View Single Post
      07-07-2008, 07:49 PM   #18
bling_singh
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i

Garage List
2019 BMW 540i  [0.00]
don't worry, it gets even better. you won't receive your own console back. you won't get a new console with newer more reliable (10% chance of critical failure as opposed to the original 30%) architecture either. You'll get a refurbished one which may or may not be in good condition on the outside. Whether it works on the inside may come down to a cointoss. Two people I know had RROD. One's console failed on the first day, the other within the first month. Best of luck in any case. There are as many people out there who had none/one RROD and haven't seen one since, as there are people out there that have had to return multiple defective units.

the funny thing about this product recall is that it isn't really a recall. If it were, your XBox would be outfitted with newer parts that would ensure greater reliability. Microsoft opted building up a network to refurbish broken 360 that have the same blatant design flaw.

As for console defining exclusives on either console. On the market currently the PS3 currently has MGS4, Ratchet&Clank, and Uncharted (I won't include GT5P as it is a glorified demo...though it has as much value as GRiD). What console defining exclusives does the 360 have on the market currently? Halo3, Mass Effect and Gears of War....and let's throw in Lost Odyssey and Forza2 for good measure.

If the 360 outnumbers the PS3 in definitive exclusives currently by only one or two titles, that's a pretty bad state to be in considering the PS exclusives on the horizon. Gears 2 does look pretty good, and Halo 3 will most likely sell (even though it will be on PC soon enough and Gears is supposedly going multiplatform).

XBoxLive is still the better service, but that gap has been cut down quite a bit. It still maintains its uniformity, but it's not enough of a difference to warrant paying the value of one full game for it. Even then the downloadable games on PSN are absolutely top drawer stuff. XBA offers less compelling material.
Appreciate 0