CanAutM3
General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 911 turbo

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjae1976 View Post
I think the biggest mistake people make is driving the DCT in S5 and S6. You will break the rear tires loose under acceleration.

S4 is a little slower but its smoother. In the DCT, I can downshift at the apex and upshift under full throttle to exit. The rear will still kick out a tad but its nothing that will cause you to correct or lift.

IMO, the car is slower in S5 and S6.

Kind of like the power button...never really understood that. I've programmed that to off in M Mode.
I have to disagree here. I always use S6 at the track. The upshifts are sharp and punchy and the downshifts are much more immediate and crisp. Even in S6, the DCT software is smart enough to know when the car is under lateral load and will do a nice and smooth upshift without upsetting the chassis. I find S4 and S5 too lazy for a dry track.

I don't want to go too far off topic, but while I agree Sport+ is useless, the Sport setting for throttle is perfect for high RPM operation. It is like the throttle is hard wired to your brain and makes throttle steering a breeze. Reminds me of my old GTI with twin Webber carburetors with 4 throttles bodies, great throttle response. That is what the S65 is all about. For me, I find the normal setting too sluggish for track use. Albeit it is great for the low RPM daily drive.

Last edited by CanAutM3; 10-26-2013 at 09:57 PM..
Appreciate 0