Thread: M3 drawbacks
View Single Post
      01-20-2009, 10:35 PM   #11
TwoSaints
Second Lieutenant
Brazil
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

ok, so uh, don't buy it? You're right, it doesn't sound like the car for you. Honestly, all the things you say you don't like about the car is what I enjoy about it. You really don't like the steering wheel? Anyway, you're right about cruising at 100 mph and it feeling very "active" but why would you want to cruise at 100 for any length of time (other than short bursts). So if you're saying you can drive faster, for longer in the 335i with more comfort and greater ease, then look at a Merc or something, maybe a lincoln?

Gas mileage? I get almost 300 to the tank (you don't alway have to drive like a racer) but honestly if you want to go "Green" then there are other cars that can better fulfill your needs than any BMW. Actually, if you buy American your carbon foot print will be MUCH less than buying any foreign built car.

I just look at the 335i how I used to view the honda civic Si. When I owned one, I always wanted it to be a Type R. It was nice, but I always new there was one better out there for not that much more. Either way it was a good car and I enjoyed it. So, get your 335i, know that you could have gotten the M if you wanted one, and when you see one you can look at it without regret as you seem to have really thought this through.

/rant
Appreciate 0