View Single Post
      02-10-2011, 01:36 PM   #33
quagmire
I am Gundam
Rep
Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
The fact that it exists isn't the problem for me. It's all in how they reacted, as well as the "oops I guess we were accidentally deceiving iPhone owners into thinking they had better signal than they actually had this whole time" which came about at the same time. I had the original, a 3G, and a 3GS, and this whole time they were pissing down my back and trying to tell me it was rain. I always had my suspicions about the signal strengths, but dismissed it as me just having a completely non-scientific hunch that lacked any substantial empirical data to back it up.
Yeah, I noticed that as well. When I upgraded from the original to the 3G, I noticed I had 1-2 bars of 3G at my house. Then iOS 2.1 came out, and I suddenly had 3-4 bars. I figured they fixed a bug and thought nothing of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by escobar929 View Post
just wanna add, I sold my 3GS for more than for what I paid for my iPhone 4. I also sold my 3G for more than what I paid for my 3GS. This is the only electronic device that I have been able to do that, its the only reason I upgrade every year
Yeah, I love that. When the original came out, people were buying them for $1000 on eBay despite the Apple Stores still having plenty of stock throughout the weekend. It wasn't until Monday when stocks were running low. When the 3G came out, people were selling their originals for like $500-$600 or more despite the 3G being cheaper. Then when the iPhone 4 came out, retailers were offering trade in of the older phones for more then market price for the phone. Verizon was willing to give $100 for a 16 GB 3G, etc.

Last edited by quagmire; 02-10-2011 at 01:43 PM..
Appreciate 0