View Single Post
      03-19-2013, 12:55 PM   #67
e92zero
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 BW

I am only speaking for myself here. I don't push my car hard and I rarely experienced this wheel hop or diff bang. However, for the life of me, I cannot understand the 3 points lob-sided mounting system that BMW used on our M3. How can it have even distribution of torque/load at the mounting locations? If someone with a more technical background can explain how this 3 point system is a better and more robust design than what a 4 point mount system can provide in terms of strength and longevity, I would really want to know. It maybe a just good enough design from BMW in terms of manufacturing cost?. Then there is that thread about broken diff bolts on cars that were not pushed hard at all and that got me worried. I plan to keep my car a long long time and it will be out of warrant soon. If the diff bolts fail later down the road, the bill to fix and replace the subframe seems very high. If this diff brace can help to complement the BMW 'over engineered' mounting system without adding NVH, I will be very interested. I am not in it for the wheel hop.

Last edited by e92zero; 03-19-2013 at 01:05 PM..
Appreciate 0