OC ///M
Dr. Octagon
United_States
Rep
Drives: Moonstone e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
-

OC: There is an inherent problem asking folks who design springs (coils and torsion bars) for their opinions on the suitability of their own products for certain applications. There is not only possible conflict of interest but there is a serious question of expertise.
swamp:

Yes, I'm very aware of the potential 'conflict of interest' from manufacturers like Bilstein, H&R, Koni, etc., when asking for an official answer about adaptability with EDC from the companies themselves, it's akin to asking for an official answer from BMW re: installation of aftermarket components.....but we're not asking about suitability, "if the springs will work with the system" we are asking specific functionality questions of individual components within the system.

I vehemently disagree with your statement about there being "a serious question of expertise."

I would venture to say that Bilstein or Koni engineers are competent and could provide valuable information in regards to the specific questions put forth by jm.

2013 E92 M3 Individual
Sold: 2011 E92 M3 SSII | Sold: 2008 E92 M3 SSII | Into a Wall: 2008 E92 M3 SSII | Sold: 2007 E92 335i JB
Appreciate 0