03-23-2008, 04:32 PM   #147
drkbrent
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
No, no, no sir. You are wrong - dead wrong.

And here is why: the auction system is specifically designed to allow for initial pricing to be set where ever the seller wishes and for the marketplace to determine the true value of the product in question. This is not a restaurant or bank with a fixed price transaction. This is an online auction house where the final price is determined by the bidders and only by the bidders.

Furthermore, routinely, items are placed on ebay way below their market value. In fact, items are placed on ebay with a starting price of $0.01. I've done this myself. So there is absolutely no way to say that this auction price was a mistake. In fact, quite to the contrary, the dealership advertised it as the lowest price on the internet. They knew their price was low - very low. What they thought would happen was that it would bid up to or near MSRP. It did not. But they knew the risk of this full well, and chose to take it.

What I recommend for you is to be absolutely sure you understand the circumstances of a situation before you pass such harsh judgement. When we are speaking of morals with such conviction, its also important to remember that its absolutely immoral to pass judgement on a person or persons when you have not taken the time to understand their plight beforehand.

Good day to you.
YOU SAID THIS BETTER THAN I EVER COULD! EXACTLY THE CORRECT POINT!
Appreciate 0