01-12-2013, 10:41 AM   #14
jphughan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 Cayman GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWDEMON View Post
I like the idea of the ZCP option although what you get compared to cost doesn't seem to add up? I am very appreciative of the answers...I needed them to make sure I was thinking this all out the right way and not missing something.

One more question...although I did ride around in sport all the time I adjusted the other settings to a medium setting and only maxed everything out with the M button...will this button be gone without this option? I am even thinking about not doing NAV which I think will also delete I-drive which I actually enjoy so carefully weighing all my options against my modification requirements.

I want to map this car out before purchasing it as the individual option is pretty high, higher than usual for the paint code I have selected, and although this is a keeper need to budget initial mods against future mods in line with the actual purchase.

M
The value of ZCP is definitely debatable. But if you were going to get EDC and 19" wheels anyway, then you're essentially only paying an extra $250 for adaptive EDC Sport mode, a different MDM calibration (though Euro MDM is better and can be coded onto either car), the suspension tweaks, and a different style of 19" wheels. I got EDC and the 220M 19" because I preferred the 220s to the 359s and didn't care about the rest of it.

Not sure what you mean about riding around in Sport but dialing everything else back to Medium -- what car are you talking about and what is "everything else"? But the M3 allows you to adjust throttle, suspension, steering weight, DSC, and (with DCT) shift speed all completely independently for M mode -- outside of M mode, you can set a default startup EDC and throttle setting, but you can't use MDM or Sport steering and on DCT I don't think you can set a default shift mode. Also, be aware that if you don't have iDrive, MDM is pretty much forced on in M mode -- so if like me you want to have lazy and spirited settings both for the road and thus keep DSC on in both cases (I use Euro MDM / DSC off only on the track), that won't be possible, though I suppose you could manually turn it back on with the button after toggling M mode on. But at least unlike the Z4, for example, you don't have to deal with sport throttle and shift speed if you only want sport suspension, for example.

Yes, if you remove Nav you remove iDrive. The X3, F30 3 Series, and some other newer BMWs do indeed have iDrive standard with only the navigation function optional, but that's not true of the M3. I really, REALLY like iDrive even though I seldom use the navigation function; it's just a great interface for infotainment management, configuring the car, monitoring status, etc.

What's the paint code you've selected?

Gone but not forgotten:
'11.75 M3 E92 Le Mans | Black Nov w/ Alum | 6MT (owned 5/2011 - 11/2015)

Last edited by jphughan; 01-12-2013 at 10:47 AM..
Appreciate 0