View Single Post
      11-22-2010, 11:13 AM   #38
kc1337
Private
Rep
Drives: 4 wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
Makes it harder to control the car on throttle when driven really hard. Magnifies any existing chassis flaws. Does zero for the daily driveability of an already very powerful car. Shortens the life of the rear tires even more.

Really doesn't bring anything else to the table that wasn't already there. What's the point of more steak when you're full?

Try balancing it at the limit in the rain if you think the dry is not challenging at all.

That's where we completely disagree. I think any automatic is total crap, just completely kills the joy of driving. Here's a thought - maybe that's why you always need more power, to bring back some measure of excitement? So you're downgrading the fun quotient by a massive amount by choosing an auto, then you're trying to claw it back up meager point by meager point? Pointless.

At least the DCT is measurably faster than a manual around a racetrack (straight or bendy), so you can sort of justify it.

At $60k - $70k for what amount to medium-small cars, we're talking degrees. The last 5% (pick your own percentage based on what's important to you). You buy or don't the car based on whether it's got it, or not. As far as I'm concerned the C63 hasn't got it.

There are other cars in that category. At least the CTS-V comes with a stickshift - I'd see myself in one of those well before the AMG.

On that aspect we agree - even though other things aren't truly equal. Just close.

A bit of a handful but very very fun. Even in the wet it was very predictable, just a tad twitchy on corner exists in the wet.
Appreciate 0