09-03-2009, 03:18 PM   #33
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrKevM3 View Post
Looks like you got the latest version. I've heard most of the most popular aftermarket exhausts, and this one ranks on the quiet end of the spectrum. It does scream when you nail the throttle, but that's what I was looking for. My cruising volume is very nice, a very low humm. Contrary to other comments, after 2 weeks of use, it has gotten about 20-25% quieter. The only time it seems overly loud to me is on cold start, and I will probably go to the AA tune to get rid of that.

The same thing happened to me concerning a left shift of the exhaust. Make sure you really tighten the bolts on the connecting crossbar. The cost of shortening my pipes and repositioning the brackets was $150 at my exhaust shop. Well worth the cost.

I appreciate your feedback. My AA exhaust on my E36 M3 mellowed out after a couple weeks and it's good to hear it may happen here too.
It is definitely SEX when you get on it, but it seems louder (drone wise) down low than when I rev it.
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0