View Single Post
      04-14-2012, 03:59 PM   #1
M3PO
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '08 IB E92

213E OEM software: The best NA mod...

...for older cars that haven't been updated!

EDIT: It's 231E, not 213E. Sorry about that.

A $95 flash to the newest completely OEM software version netted me 22 HP!

The long story is that I took my '08 to Tom at EAS to get the Evolve tune. He read my software and sent if to Sal. The next week, I came back to have it uploaded and to get a before and after dyno. The before dyno put down a disappointing 349.74 WHP. I have a filter, pulley, and "full exhaust" with HFC. The Evolve tune based on my files showed good gains of more than 18 HP but I was still disappointed with 368.34 WHP with my mods and a tune.

Tom suggested that I may have old software but he couldn't see what version I had. By pulling my service history, we discovered that there was no sign of an update. For $95, Tom flashed my car from the old software (100E IIRC) with Evolve tune to a completely stock version of the latest software (231E). The car put down 372.12 WHP with the new stock software! Nothing was changed besides the software, the conditions were the same, it was flashed with the car strapped to the dyno.

Tom re-read the new software and sent it to Sal at Evolve to be re-tuned. I'm hoping for ~390 WHP with the new software!

The moral of this story is, make sure you have the latest software before you get a tune! Especially if your '08 has never been updated!

Last edited by M3PO; 04-17-2012 at 11:25 AM..
Appreciate 0