View Single Post
      08-30-2012, 10:48 PM   #11
CJ421
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Garage List
I ditched Direct TV for a number of reasons, mainly because of the service limitations. When it rains, it pours - no service during those times ... and that's when I was really interested in watching the TV. Additionally I didn't like the menu system. It sucked for years because it was so. slow. Press the pg down button and it would take 4-5 seconds to refresh; slightly more than annoying when you want to look through 10 or more pages. They switched to a new menu right before I dropped them, which was better (faster) but still not to my liking.

I switched to Comcast and haven't looked back. I get the service all the time and the menu system is much more responsive. I got phone/TV/Internet for $99/mo with them. It goes up a bit after the first year but it still was less than Direct TV (I had Comcast Internet/phone service before in conjunction with Direct TV; Comcast greatly reduces the package price when you bundle TV service). I think I was at $80/mo for just Direct TV with the DVR, HD, etc.

Direct TV sure did fight over the phone when I told them I was leaving. Too little too late.