View Single Post
      08-22-2012, 05:25 PM   #1
WarrantyTracker
Track? What Track? I was just riding along . . .
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine White E92 M3

I got $3k rebate because I have USAA

Yesterday I went to pay for the 2013 E92 I ordered at the end of May. It is to be delivered on 8/31 at the PDC.

When I got there, my man Joern told me I was getting $3,000 off my total price because I have USAA insurance and there is some promotion going on. Mind you, this is on a deal where his dealership had already agreed to sell me the car (ordered, not a stock car) for $1,000 over the invoice price. So I got a domestic delivery M3 for $2K under invoice. Which really is some dumb luck. My karma must be getting better.

He told me you have to pay cash to get the $3,000 break. There is also a smaller rebate for non-cash customers ($1,000).

I don't know any details. I don't know if you are a "cash" customer when you borrow the money from a third party like your bank. I was writing a check out of savings but it's not like they asked me to prove it, like they do for mortgage downpayments.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but I don't know anything about how this deal works. So I won't be posting anything else in this thread. But I wanted to mention it, so USAA customers will know to ask their dealer reps, in case their dealer reps aren't as awesome as Joern Esser at Passport BMW in Maryland.
Appreciate 0