06-05-2010, 01:15 PM   #2
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyd1961 View Post
i hear a very slight clicking noise in the panel. anyone have this issue and do you think the dealer can fix a random noise?
Random noise and the dealer fixing it? Not likely to turn out well. Rattles, clicking, etc.--these cars all have little noises like that. Man, I wouldn't want them messing around with the door panel unless it's constant and driving you crazy. The result is likely to be either: a.) no fix; b.) worse; c.) damage.

The rule of thumb is the less the car sees of the any dealership the better. The only exception here would be if it's some kind of motor driven "click", in which case it might be the window caused by a loose wire, bad contact, or the electronics in some way. If it seems related to road vibration or bumps, etc., I'd leave it be or fix it myself. But w/o hearing it, I can't diagnose it, so it's your call.

IMO you'd be better off trying to track it down yourself and fix it with some felt and/or velcro if it's a standard rattle or noise caused by road vibration or bumps. I'm pretty sure there's a DIY or two on tackling the door and or rattles. Give search on that a try.
Appreciate 0