07-01-2008, 03:29 PM   #27
gthal
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randys335xi View Post
Police now pray on the very constituents that supported them. I know, I used to be a cop.
Money is why it is .08 now instead of .10 BAC. It isn't the .08 or .10 driver that is the problem. its the >.12 driver. How about the click it or ticket campaign? Pure abuse of our freedom. As an adult, shouldn't we be able to make the decision or accept the risk? One step closer to Communism every year.
As adults we SHOULD be able to make our own choices. Problem is, I am then relying on someone else's judgement that they are 1) not driving too fast for their skill level, 2) haven't had just 1 too many, etc. when I put my two kids in the car.

As long as the choice ONLY affects the person making it, then fill your boots. The minute someone gets behind a 2,000 lb missile on a public street with my family on the same street, then how much choice you have gets a little more grey. Don't know about you but when you children/spouse are out and about driving, I don't like the idea of Joe Blow at the local pub deciding that he is willing to accept the "risk" of driving home because he thinks he's fine. IMO, not his right to make that decision when it's other peoples safety at risk. The only time I buy into being "conservative" on an individuals ability to choose what they do is when those choices have significant potential to harm someone else. Otherwise, I agree with your comments.
2015 M4 | Austin Yellow | DCT
2012 MB C63AMG | 2011 E92 M3 | 2010 E92 M3

Last edited by gthal; 07-01-2008 at 03:51 PM..
Appreciate 0