View Single Post
      11-12-2012, 12:37 PM   #118
M3PO
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '08 IB E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex07M3 View Post
Weird, my fathers 2007 350z interior is the worst interior I've seen in any car in terms of durability of materiels, all the materiels are chipping and fading and the drivers seat is all faded and probably has a hole now on the bolster, he only had 25k miles on it, that was 2 years ago! And practically the same story for two of my friends who had G35s, I always found Nissans interior to be mediocre in terms of quality, but I can atest that I was impress by my friend GT-R, but kind of normal I guess since it's a 100k car!
The later 350Zs did have a lot of issues with peeling and chipping of the coating (similar to our cars) but the early ones (I had an '03) were much better. They had plastics similar to the ones that dealers are using to replace our peeling ones (no coating I think?). The cloth seats were prone to holes on the bolsters in those cars. Mine had leather seats and did show some wear on the bolsters. But the wear it had on the bolsters at 100k was less than my M3 has now at 55k.