dazzabb
Enlisted Member
Thailand
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 E92, 2010 Nissan GT-R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
I was just about to say the same thing,

Here you have the Op is from Thialand, has it shipped to FL for some reason and claiming that some place is FL will not reship it since it has Alligator skin, something does not sound right.

As you pointed out you can buy all kinds of things made form Alligator skin in the US, it is expensive since the number of alligators harvested each year is limited. But their is no law against using alligators skins in the US

Here is some information

It appears that Crocodiles are still protect so may be he bought a crocodile skin watch.

This is a copy of the e-mail from my account manager at MyUS clearly stating their position and my options. Why they have this policy for Alligator skin and cannot ship elsewhere I do not know, but I was not given any choice, simply return or destroy!

Thank you for your emails.

Alligator is CITES (Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species) restricted so we are unable to export without recertification of the original CITES permit and associated fees of approximately $300 in addition to the $180 edec fee . Alligator is governed by the Endangered Species Act so we are unable to ship to an alternate US address.

Please inform us which action we should take regarding your merchandise:

1. Return to Merchant. Please contact the merchant to inquire about the return policy and procedure and to request a prepaid return shipping label. There is an additional $7 return fee per package with a label. If you cannot obtain a shipping label then we can return the items to the merchant at your expense. Please provide the name, address, and phone number of the merchant.

2. Have us discard your items at no cost to you.

Please provide us with the needed information by 2 January or it will be removed from your account and properly discarded.

Ellie

Account Manager

MyUS.com

MyUS is a big shipping company in FLA that handles and holds multiple packages for members and splits / photos / checks packages. It is a very useful service for expats. So Maestro your comments are very ill-informed.
Appreciate 0