08-28-2009, 01:39 AM   #1
powertrip
Scared money don't make money.
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3 DCT

Garage List
2009 E92 M3  [0.00]
A little tuner action: AA vs Stock vs Powerchip

Hey all, I had the chance to have my car dyno tuned by Mike & Jeremy over at Powerchip today. I have always suspected that my AA flash was lacking top-end power, so I asked if they could run my car with the AA flash, then flash back to stock, and finally dyno tune it using their software.

Mike and Jeremy were both a pleasure to work with, and they worked their asses off to get my car where I wanted it.

This chart represents AA vs stock vs Powerchip. All dyno runs were done today at Autowave (an independent unaffiliated shop) and the weather was a scorching 95-97 degrees.

Name:  SCAN0001 - Copy.jpg
Views: 1915
Size:  253.0 KB

Drive review:

Okay, so now for the good part...drive time . Obviously the car is MUCH faster, especially up on top-end where it's just violent. Shifting from 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd induces an amazing amount of wheelspin and an ear-to-ear grin. Besides the added power I'm amazed by how much smoother the car idles, and how much more responsive and muscular it feels when driving around town. One last observation....it could just be my mind playing tricks on me, but I'm pretty sure the exhaust is louder (could be that the throttle snaps open earlier ).

Last edited by powertrip; 08-28-2009 at 02:04 AM..
Appreciate 0