View Single Post
      07-18-2011, 03:36 PM   #32
stickypaws
Dictator
Rep
Drives: people crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lux.sh View Post
Cayenne is definitely, and nearly the perfect choice in my situation.
However, if I were to drive the Cayenne, I would at least want the S.
Turbo is def. out of my league. Even with the S, options I need, price goes well over 80k+.

My maximum price is $65k.
Used cars, unless honda/toyota/nissan/hyundai, is not an option due to reliability.
fwiw, I configured the S several months ago (I've been considering an SUV and the Cayenne is the only one that will work for me after a long time comparing, test driving, etc..) I went to my dealer with an S and these options: PU2 (premium pkg), PU6 (Bose Audio package/includes Nav and XM), 9Q (paint), PP6 (light comfort with memory), 9W1 (phone module), QH1 (voice control.)

The total MSRP was $77, 825. After looking at several and talking to owners (I have two Porsches already and am a member of the PCA where I can talk to owners), those options are all I really needed (PASM comes on the S along with several other needed things.) My salesperson at the dealer I use (they are a MB, Jag, BMW, Audi, and Porsche dealer under one roof) said invoice is $71, 927 and the dealer cost with trunk money is $71, 075. If you have a motivated dealer with good allocations, then figure a margin between invoice and MSRP.

I'd spend the extra $$ to get what you'll really going to be happy with, esp if you're considering keeping it for the long haul. Anyway, that's just me. Of course you have tax and reg/title to figure in, too. The Cayenne is pretty reliable and they've fixed all the issues of the early models now (eg, coils and coolant pipes), so it is something you could live with comfortably and put on the miles.

Or do what Gonzo says and shop for a late model CPO'd version. The 2009 and later models all have PCM 3.0, which is a great improvement over PCM 2.0 (unless you have tiny fingers and don't mind poking at little tiny buttons )

btw, I drove the V6 and I personally could live with it no problem. It's basically the same Touareg motor. I had no issues with power in mixed driving. It cruised fine and didn't sound or feel coarse even at high rpms. The handling and nimbleness (for an SUV) is the whole point about the Cayenne, imho. YMMV.
Appreciate 0