Major General
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 330i E90 C55 AMG

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by scm6079 View Post
[url]...
This is *bar none* the best option on my 335i. I was planning on skipping the M3 because I expected this feature to be missing. Now I'll reconsider.

Bravo BMW.

_Scott
+1 . Active Steering is now proven to be the must have option for ultimate performance and joy. Not surprise this feature won't take too long be included in our local standard M3 package just like Merc has included Parameter Steering to all their high-end models.
A little story, a neighbor friend, currently owner of a E90who has a 335i on order. The day after he tested my AS E90 in the parking lot for 5 minutes, right away, he picked up his phone to call his salesman and asked to add AS to his on order 335i ! (it was late, sorry for him)
With AS, I can turn much faster, 19" rims wasn't felt any harder to turn. Not trying to bring up the boring 'AS adverse effects' argument again here, different car features could always have 'adverse effect' to a certain extent e.g. getting a nice looking E92 has the adverse effect of two less doors and 1 less seating! A Porsche is perfect but it has limited seatings/room for day2day and too expensive. Just all pretty personal things.
Absence of AS could be a deal breaker for potential C63 shopperss moving to M3. e.g. me.

t
BMW 2006 330i E90 Jet Black/Black Leathers/Aluminium, Steptronic Active Steering; MTech Aero Kit Carbon Fibre Splitters/Diffuser. Bilstein PSS9 Coilover, Rays VOLK Racing RE30 Formula Limited Edition 18" Pirelli Rosso; Project Mu 355mm Forged 4pot Caliper. HID:Osram D1S 6000K, PIAA 6500K White Ring, Philips Diamond Vision HB4 5000K, PIAA H490/H491 Super Bright 6500K LED Interior Lights. Chrome S.Wheel Cover, Rear Windows Sunshades.
Appreciate 0