View Single Post
      11-10-2007, 04:25 AM   #124
footie
Major General
Rep
Drives: i5M60

Garage List
All of this equations are missing one vital thing, they are all based on each car's behaviour in relation to how the suspension copes with each bump, camber etc of every corner being the same. I am sure there is numerous people which experience of the ring which will tell you just how bumper it is, it's the reason why manufactures do their handling development there in the first place, but you also have to remember that all car's suspensions isn't signed off after the ring either, like everything there is a compromise made between handling, comfort and safety. Each car receives a certain amount of understeer which is dialled in to let lesser drivers know when the limits are being approached, plus the suspension is usually made a bit softer as most people wouldn't want the best setup option for the ring as it would be way to hard.

So like I said, the relationship between the suspension and the road surface is a major determining factor on how hard you can corner on any track as bumpy as the ring is and it's something which each manufacture has a differing opinion of importance of.

Just a thought from the rambling of an old man.
Appreciate 0