View Single Post
      03-12-2007, 04:35 PM   #16
porscheC4S
Rep
Drives: 2003 Porsche C4S

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo View Post
I have fit some very small adults in the rear for short drives, but admittantly they are not intended for anything more; except, of course, children. Granted, you can chip the car and gain some nice improvements, but I have not heard of anyone getting 100 RWHP from a $1,000 GIAC chip.
You can perform a search on Rennlist, but here is someone who chipped a non-S turbo and gained 100+ HP (dyno graph shown):

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...1&postcount=31

Upsolute claims 95HP and I do know someone who has gained 100+ HP from their GIAC chip.

I will agree with your later post that the 996 interior is down-right cheap especially compared with interiors of other high end cars. The 997 is a huge step forward but it still is not on par with that of Audi or BMW, but then again, it is also not seen as a luxo-sports car. The only way I would ever get rid of my P-car is if I needed to travel with more than two people and I needed luggage space, other then that, from a pure performance/looks/cache perspective, I think you would not go wrong with the Pcar. I guess it all depends on what you are looking for in the end as it most likely comes down to personal preference.
Appreciate 0