View Single Post
      10-04-2011, 09:34 AM   #62
karussell
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 4 wheels

i remember after the lauda linkskurve seeing that yellow truck pop up out of nowhere but off the line. whoever attempted a pass in the middle of that blind fast turn was a fool especially on a tourist lap. way too dangerous with no real gain.
i was in the VLN race the weekend before. even swapping paint with 2 other cars it was way more safe in that race than this past weekend driving with tourists. the excellent weather mixed with the german 3-day weekend made for a perfect storm of activity there.
i spent much of saturday on the GP track because it was just too busy on the Nordschleife. Sunday was even worse! I had one lap, took a student out for his first lap and then ducked out since it looked like the track would be closed for at least an hour. also to anyone going on public laps, don't go out right after the track opens from a long closure. everyone is so anxious to get back out there its almost sure to close again right away due to another accident.