11-10-2011, 11:56 AM   #41
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M760/G83M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyPowers View Post
200 cell hjs cats in the same position as the primaries. Secondary cat delete and includes resonators
Thanks for the info.

Seems to be a similar design as the AA then

Quote:
Originally Posted by redline9001 View Post
There is big difference with a Akra evo with a tune vs without. In low end response. With the akra a tune is a must IMO.
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshab356 View Post

Better exhaust. A $600 exhaust won't do much to your car. And a Dinan diff is a great addition as well. Also, replacing the stock x-pipe and cats with high flow cats or catless then adding a tune that takes advantage of your full exhaust with hfc/catless + intake + pulley will definitely bump up torque and hp. Don't bother with headers, as the only ones available are $7200 (forgot which vendor's site I saw them for sale on).
RD Sport has Headers IIRC

IND sells them by order...I think

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ateam View Post
The people that complain about "low torque" are always the people who are not driving it above 6k RPMS. If you want to move and get some thrust which is torque to the wheels than keep it above 6k and have fun. "torque" as you call it is simply engine torque which is helpful only at low rpms which you should never see with this car. Engine, rpm and gearing create wheel torque which for this car is key.

Also to the person said the exhaust causes loss of low end torque due to "decreased back pressure" that is a clear indicator you learned everything you speak of off google searches. That is the oldest myth on the net for an exhaust. You lose velocity of exhaust gases with larger piped exhaust systems so that will cause loss of torque but removing a cat and keepin otherwise same size piping will do nothing but increase torque throughout the band.
Well, if by "google searches" you mean m3post.com/m3forum.net, then yes, you are absolutely right

I have learned everything about this car, whether true or untrue, from these 2 sites, as well as speaking to the vendors/sponsors in person at their respected shops

Also, when I said decreased low end torque with the akra, I wasn't comparing it to stock, I was comparing it to the AA xpipe I had perviously.
I cannot compare my Akra to stock as I never went from stock to Akra, I went stock->AA->Akra.
I have no yet dynoed with the Akra set up to compare it to the AA, but in all honesty I really don't care about dyno numbers.
I'm happy driving the car at the track, so there's no need for me.
And I rarely go above 3500 RPM on the street, unless it's from downshifting so I can hear the DCT blips :P.

I tend to drive the Z4 around town, it's a significantly better daily driver than my M3 is

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthal View Post
Or C63, GT-R... not just American. Besides, I don't think you are sacrificing much with a Z06 or ZR1 other than passenger and cargo room... both would be great cars.
They don't have hard top verts ;'(

If they make a hard top vert 6 series, I'll seriously consider getting one.
I test drove a soft top the other day and it was phenomenal.
I'd gladly get rid of the Z4 for one if it was a hard top.
Silky smooth steering, responsive engine, torque, DCT, luxurious, comfortable, etc. I disliked the previous 6, but the new one has really grown on me.

Last edited by persian54; 11-10-2011 at 12:09 PM..
Appreciate 0