View Single Post
      07-26-2008, 06:29 PM   #22
EDELWEISS
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 6sp AW FR EDC NAV

Quote:
Originally Posted by STI View Post
when I had the edc error flashing on the idrive and the car was cold ( I just started it ) I could also hear some noise coming from the shock's but for 2 days now with no error on the noise went away... maybe it's just me because I'm a little scared about this things but anyway...
i was good for two days and then i decided to put in the springs and i got the edc malfunction back now i dont know what to do ! its not the same as before it comes and goes on and off its kinda strange i can still select the setting i want and its not automaticallly giving me an error always on when i start the car but will come on in the middle of driving and then go away on its own , the way i know that is through the check control frature , sometimes i get the shock and somtime it says all sytems ok , i was looking at some data streams at the shop and on the acceleration sensor (top of shock mount) the voltage on the left shock fluctuates from 2.5-2.4 v and the right one and the one sensor for the rear are both steady at 2.5 v , if anyone has more tech info on this it would be greatly helpfull as i dont want to take it back to the dealer now with the springs in .

i swapped the harness and connector and from left to right and stll the same on the left 2.4-2.5 even when not connected its stuck at those values ???
im pretty sure i read that after 5kph we should see 5v there , not true in my case .