View Single Post
      06-25-2014, 08:10 AM   #54
Porschefile
Major
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hujan View Post
Potentially stupid question, but is there any utility to simply installing a pass-through in the felt undertray so that air can pass through the bumper and into the wheel well, but without actually ducting it all the way to the rotor?

I ask only because (1) I'm concerned about uneven cooling on the rotor with a system that just blows air onto the back surface without actually pushing air down through the vanes and (2) I don't want to have to deal with the tubing getting crushed.

Seems to me that just getting additional cool air in the wheel well might be a good compromise, especially for those of us with a BBK.
There would probably be some benefit, but many of us ran the hose right up to the rotor face without issue. The tubing on my car was okay for about one full turn of the wheel each way before it started hitting it. I really don't think you need this with a bbk. I have ST60 and don't run ducts because I never have fade and pad wear is acceptable.

Of course, if you really want ducting, the best way would be to get a backing plate to distribute air through the vanes as you alluded to.
Appreciate 1