01-30-2014, 03:52 PM   #69
Groundpilot
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135I DCT , e92 M3 DCT, Audi A6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jphughan View Post
Just curious, what prompted you to get a rear brake upgrade? Do you just want it for the easy pad swaps or aesthetics? It's not common on these cars to upgrade the rears, nor is it necessary to do so in order to maintain brake balance. Check out this page on StopTech's own site: http://stoptech.com/technical-suppor...brake-upgrades.

I read that and said to myself, "Well if StopTech is telling me NOT to give them an extra $2300 and that I'd actually SAVE weight on the rears by not doing so, that seems like a win-win to me...." I run their Street Performance pads in the rear on both the street and track (PFC 08s in the front on the track) and don't have any issues, so easier pad swaps in the rear is basically moot for me.

Btw, where did you buy from? I got my ST-60 kit from HP Autowerks, a vendor on here. Harold the owner has consistently provided great customer service and been very knowledgeable answering questions about things I've bought from him, and he often has the best online prices I've found anywhere: www.hpashop.com.
He cant swap pads between st-60 and st-40 kits
Appreciate 0