Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Happy on H&R coil overs

Garage List
2008 335xi  [1.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by boymonkey View Post
I went to the Grand Canyon last year. I did some research into bus tours. It looked like I gotta get up really early, be on the bus for 5 hours, eat crappy tour food, have 1.5 hour at the Canyon, and then be on the bus for another 5 hours. The whole day is like from 6am to 10pm. I decided to drive instead.

I ended up going to Grand Canyon West, because the drive was only about 2.5 hours (one way), compared to 5 hours if you go to the south rim. The view was great and the drive was good too. I was able to do that in an afternoon.

You can stop by Hoover Dam along the way, too. The highway passes through it, so you can't miss it. And I highly recommend stopping by Fremont Street on the way back to Vegas. It's sort of along the way too.
good to know, what month did you go? i heard some parts are closed after Oct and I'm going to be there in Nov. I done some search and it's about $85/pp but there's several buses out there and not sure which to choose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer-Pilot View Post
Forget the bus tour......http://www.sundancehelicopters.com/
not an option as it's out of my budget (my entire trip, 3 nights hotel + air cost less than the ride) plus don't want to fly in a small aircraft.
Appreciate 0